Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Malia's Growing Hair

So there is no question that Malia is blessed (?) with lots of hair. While, fortunately, the hair other than that on her head has significantly subsided, the rest is out of control! I try my best to keep it tamed. A lady at church suggested I set her on the sink while I do her hair so she can look at herself. The results were the same as usual, only now I have a broken toothbrush holder! I wish I could momentarily decapitate her so I could braid her hair! It is long enough, I just can't get her to sit still for 2 seconds. The other day I finally got to braid a little bit of it.


You can see here how long her hair is getting, too. Today I actually got her to sit still long enough to let me put two braids in! The braids ended up sticking straight out and she looked like Pippy Longstocking! The hairdo didn't last very long. Within a few hours she pulled out all of the hairpieces. The back of her hair is growing, but the sides are still short. Mullets are coming back, right? I just want it to grow out...

7 comments:

Lolo said...

Soo Cute! I love the new pics you posted. Thanks for hanging out with me the other day. It is always good for me to talk with you, and I love that Caleb and I can bond more now with you and Malia.

Dianne said...

Isn't nice to have her hair out of her eyes? She looks cute in pig tails. I wish Emma's hair would grow out! It's in her eyes now too and she pulls out EVERY hair piece I put in. Usually within the first 2 min and she looks ridiculous.

Traci Elizabeth said...

I cant even keep a clip in Olivias hair!! Malias hair is beautiful!

I have given Olivia two hair cuts in the past month because I am so tired of the mullet look!

Frisbies Forever said...

I tried that too. I have a broken octopus soap dispenser. ;(

The Hanselmann Family said...

Why is she growing up? Make her stop. Way cute.

This Idaho Girl said...

That is so funny because my neice
(2 1/2) totally has a mullet and she won't let anyone touch it! I think pigtails are the answer. Malia's hair always looks cute. How do you feel about going on afternoon walks with us? We accept toddlers with mullets

Day Family Blog said...

Camille's head is really tender, but she loves princess movies. So if I put one in while I am doing her hair she will let me do anything and sits relatively still, does Malia like movies. You could always tie her down :)