Tuesday, February 10, 2009

AIT Graduation



On Friday the 6th David graduated from AIT (Advanced Individual Training). Malia and I were able to make it to the ceremony...barely! I was running late in my customary fashion, missed the exit, got sent to the wrong side of the base by the lady at the gate, and had to park a million miles away once I did find the spot!! Once we got into the ceremony Malia fell backwards in her chair and a whole row of soldiers stood up in front of me just as I was going to take the picture of David receiving his diploma! Oh, well. I got the picture of him getting his cross cannons pinned on him. He tells me that moment was more important than getting the certificate. We had to wait around for what seemed like forever as they finished up. Finally, I got my husband back. I am so proud of him and all of the hard work that he has done. We then drove to Phoenix to spend this week with his family. Next week it's off to Fort Carson, CO!

5 comments:

The Hanselmann Family said...

Congrats David!! You look pretty spiffy in that suit.

Traci Elizabeth said...

I don't even know your hubbby, but I am so proud of him!

Piepee said...

Congrats David! Everyone is proud of you.

Day Family Blog said...

Way to go David. Sorry about all the hassle getting there, but glad that you were able to see and take a picture of some of it. Happy Birthday David, I forgot that you married a younger man :) By the way I saw your baby ticker and I forgot that you were getting so close. Soon enough you will be getting examined by the Dr, isn't that fun :)

hillary said...

Congratulations! That's so great! I'm glad you guys will be together now. And you're so close to having a new baby! Good luck! I can't wait to hear about it!