Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend

Whew! We made it through our super busy/fun weekend! It was great to have David's family visiting from Arizona. His mom and sister left this morning. David's brother, Hernan or Nany, is going to stay with us until the 25th of July. Friday the fourth was our busiest day with all of the Lewiston festivities. As far as my park booths, things turned out just fine. We had a children's ride vendor show up at the last minute, yipee! We also had two vendors that just didn't show. Again, how rude! I was crazy enough to volunteer next year again. Should be relatively easy this time, now that I know what is going on! Goal is to make it bigger and better. If anyone has any ideas that you'd love to share, feel free. Any fun and interesting activities/booths at any of the festivities you attended this holiday? Pass 'em on, please!

We started the day off with the big parade. I was actually very impressed with it's size and the amount of candy! Now I know for next year to get my chair's out early if I want to sit in front of my own house! I had to ward off an old man who argued with me that it was public property and wanted to set up shop in front of my house. I promptly put out our chairs so that all of our visiting family would have room to sit. Not only were we fortunate enough to have David's family visiting but my brother Bart, his wife Lori, and their boys, Caleb and Max joined us.

Nany insisted he could see the parade from the porch just as well as roadside. No candy for him!A few parade highlights! Too much candy for Malia.After the parade we headed to the park to check out the booths and the rides. I was stuck dealing with the visiting health inspector at one of the booths. David took Malia for a ride on "Grandpa Max's Rainbow Train". I guess she did pretty well. Insisted on taking her shoes off before going.After the festivities in the park died down, we chilled at home for a bit. Here is David and his Mom, with Sammy perched on her shoulder. On the right is David's sister, Elizabeth.Up close and personal with Malia.Later on that evening we headed over to the pavilion for dinner and then nabbed a spot on the grass for fireworks. While we were waiting the Bodily's stopped by to chat and gave us a bag of cotton candy. Malia's first taste ever, we believe. I think she shares my opinion of the stuff, okay but not great. Mi burrito. Mali was being a stinker so I thought I'd try our old trick of wrapping her up tight to settle her down. That was SO last year! It lasted for two nano seconds. Oh, well!
To pass the time, we brought along SORRY! David's brother and sister had never played and were hesitant to try it. I think we ended playing it five times while they were here!Watching the fireworks. Pretty decent show for such a small town.The next day we went up to Logan Canyon to cook out. Proof that once again Mali was being a stinker. I think too many sweets and not enough sleep! We tried a new game, too. Well, new to David and his family. The infamous Bull, also known but many other not so proper names. Another game that once they learned it, they loved it. Played it quite a few times while they were here, too.

Here is Mali giving love to her tia and tio. She was particularly attached to Nany. She wakes up in the morning asking for him, holds his hand, and is constantly dragging him around to do things. It will be a fun few weeks for both of them...To finish it off, a picture of my stud of a husband. Love you! Hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday weekend.

10 comments:

Piepee said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend. Malia is growing up so much!We still wish you lived closer!

The Hanselmann Family said...

Come and visit me!!!!! Just kidding! I would love to come and visit you. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just travel in am instant? Do you want to come to dinner tonight? Love ya!

Sharon Madsen said...

Lots of great pics! Looks like you had a fun time.

Sharon Madsen said...

Lots of great pics! Looks like you had a fun time.

This Idaho Girl said...

You've got to help me with my blog. I love your new background and the pictures. Can we get together? I miss you guys.

Traci Elizabeth said...

I am not a huge fan of this age for Olivia and Malia. Even though at times they are unbelievably cute....the tantrums and stinker mode wears on a mom!! Its a good thing we love them!!

I can't believe all the festivities for such a small town!! Way to go!

the Morrisons said...

Amanda, glad to see you made it through the 4th--and I'm so impressed that you want to do it again. You got some great pictures!

Day Family Blog said...

Glad it turned out and I am sure you are thankful it is over. Sorry about the Health inspector, did he know he wasn't wanted? See ya tomorrow.

Lolo said...

You did such a good job coordinating for the fourth. I think it is awesome you volunteered in the first place... and I am more impressed that you did for next year too.

Frisbies Forever said...

You are a brave woman. Just running one booth wore me out. I bailed on my husband and took the kids to rest of the booths for a while. He loves stuff like that though. I do too, it's just hard with so many wee ones.