Thursday, July 3, 2008

Friends, Birds, and Roses

I thought I'd better quick and update before this crazy holiday weekend kicks off. I've had quite the challenging last couple of days with the whole park booth thing. Yesterday, that's right two days before the fourth, I had two of my children's ride vendors call and CANCEL!! Who does that? People can be so rude. I'm sure it will all work out, just a little stressful at the moment. So to ease the stress, focus on happier thoughts....

Saturday my roommate from BYU visited the valley. Liz and her husband Tom rode in the MS bike ride, which passed thru Lewiston. I got to see them as they rode through town that morning and then later that night we grilled out at Janelle's, also from BYU days. It was so good to see everyone. Hopefully soon we can get more of us girls together.

Janelle, me, Elizabeth


Camille, Malia, Maddie (Janelle's girls)

After dinner that night we went to the Osmond home and got ourselves a cockatoo. My sister-in-law's sister needed to get rid of their bird and David was more than willing to take it in. David's family has lots of birds and we had some growing up, too. I rather like having him around. It gives me someone to whistle to (I love whistling!). It's fun having him repeat little ditties. He was already named Sammy so we just stuck with that. Although when Malia says its name it sounds like Ditti?


On Sunday I sang in church, "America the Beautiful" in a quartet. Church must have tuckered Mali out. We were eating lunch and she insisted on getting down. We put her down and finished our lunch. We found her out in the living room like this...



Here is a picture of our rose bush out front. It's blooming beautifully. I don't even remember flowers on it when I moved here last year. With the TLC of David, it's doing great.


Super excited for the next few days. David's family should be here later this afternoon. Hopefully the Caley's will come spend the 4th with us too. I must admit I'll be happy when the park celebration is over! Then I can just enjoy the blessing of having family and friends around me. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday! God Bless America.

11 comments:

Soccer Angel said...

Thats cool you got to see some friends from school and I like the picture of the bird! Malia is getting so big!

Frisbies Forever said...

David, can you teach me to do that? The only things I can seem to raise successfully is kids. I guess that's not all bad, considering I have a lot.

hillary said...

Good luck with the park celebration this weekend! I don't envy you! That's so fun that you & Janelle & Lizzard could get together! When Liz moves to AZ we need to all meet up!!! Mali is of course as cute as ever! Your rose bush is so pretty! I need David to come by my house - I can't keep anything alive!

Traci Elizabeth said...

you are one awesome chick for volunteering, thats for sure!! Good luck!

The Hanselmann Family said...

I want your bird. He looks like he has some fire in him.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

I am so jeleous of you...I am so far away (though I guess not for very much longer.) I will make sure that I see you the next time I am in UT

Dianne said...

Your roses are beautiful, much like that little sleepy girl in the picture above!

It's so fun to see the ol' roomies. I love it when I get the chance to meet up with friends. I'm glad you were able to get together.

Kristy said...

Just wanted to say 'hi'! And that your blog is super cute. And that your daughter is beautiful!

Frisbies Forever said...

By the way, I meant to tell you, you look beautiful in your picture!

Dansie Family said...

yea it was fun to see you! and we definitely need to do it more often.

Day Family Blog said...

Sorry about the cancellations, hope that it all worked out. Hope you feel a little less stressed now that it is over.