Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas at My Dad's

 

We almost didn't get to have David come in on the Friday that he was supposed to. There was a huge storm and the airline cancelled his flight. They told me that he wouldn't even be able to fly out until Sunday. I was SO sad! The Army went ahead and sent them on the buses to Oklahoma City and said they would do there best to get them on a flight and they did! He only came in six hours later than he was supposed to, way better than 3 days! My brother and his little family were trying to drive to Iowa from Utah and were also slowed down by the weather. Barring the inclement weather, we were still able to get together at my Dad's the Friday before Christmas. It was so great to have my husband and both my siblings and their families together. We did presents that night. Malia got some great, fun presents from Grandma and Grandpa. David and I got a beautiful portrait of Malia. The next morning Grandpa got up and made pancakes. It was lots of fun. Too bad I didn't notice until later that I had a smudge on my camera lens, thus the blurriness at the bottom of each picture. It was great being together as a family.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: