"When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses." ~Joyce Brothers
Monday, February 2, 2009
Army Update
So here is the plan for the little Mata family. Today is my last day in good old Iowa. I am leaving early tomorrow morning, heading for Oklahoma City. Malia and I are going to spend a few days with my old roommate and friend Toni. Yippee! I finally get to meet her little boy and she gets to meet Malia! Toni and I were friends in the good old Sparks days, she was actually Britt's roommate. Then Toni and I were roommates when I moved to Arizona after graduating from BYU. It will be great to spend some time with her. Then on Friday, Malia and I will attend David's AIT graduation at Fort Sill. It's just an hour SW of Oklahoma City. I am so proud of David and how hard he works. I can't wait to get my husband back! After that our little family will head west. I know... nothing more fun than cross country traveling when you are 8 months pregnant! David has to report to Ft. Carson on March 2nd. It will be great to have time to get set up in our new home. So I will get to have David all to myself for a few weeks before he has to start working again. We opted for on-base housing. I toyed with the idea of living off base and trying to save some money. However, we decided it would be best to stick to base living and see how we like it. We have heard lots of positive things about Ft. Carson and Colorado Springs. One of the best things I have heard is that David won't be deploying any time in the near near future. They are replacing the guys that are getting deployed. I'm not sure how long that means I will get to have him, but at least he will be here for the baby's birth. We didn't find out what we are having. Malia keeps telling me it is a boy. I'm not so sure. I keep thinking it could be a girl. But what do I know, I thought Malia was a boy?! I'm sad to be leaving my family in Iowa. It's been great to spend so much time with them. Fortunately, CO isn't too far from IA. Fort Carson is pretty much smack-dab-in-the-middle of both of our families. Hopefully both our AZ and IA families will come visit us! So that's what's up with the Mata family for the next few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY! Sounds all good. I wish I could be there to hang out with you and Toni!
PS one day I was listening to an Alpine Cleaning commercial and I thought I wonder how Amanda is doing. And then the guy on the commercial said this is Bart, it had to have been your brother, it just made me smile!
Thanks for the update. I actually think living on post saves us money. Shop at the commisary, it's cheaper than Wal Mart in many cases and tax free. I think you will like Army life. Please call me if you have any questions. I'm only one step ahead of you but I do have some things figured out.
So exciting to have David back with you guys shortly. And Colorado doesn't sound so bad to me. Ty has actually applied to some teaching jobs there. Good luck with the next stage of life and hope that the baby arrives on time and well!
Hey AManda!
I found your blog on Facebook, and congratulations by the way! On a new one on the way, and on moving to the wonderful state of Colorado. We loved it there! Good to see you, you're so gorgeous ;)
Kathleen
Post a Comment