So.. we are here. Okay, we were all here. David flew up to Utah on Monday to get our stuff out of storage. Malia and I are here at Fort Carson. Here is what we have been up to:
*We are in our townhouse. The townhouse isn't too bad. It's an older building, but they completely remodeled the inside. Not too bad for being at the bottom of the totem pole. In military housing, they house you according to rank, and being as David just started, we are at the very bottom!
*There is a playground right next to our house, so that's fun.
*Malia and I have been checking out the post all this week. We made it to the library and checked out some DVDs to watch on the laptop.
*It has been quite the challenge trying to keep both of us entertained. We have an air mattress, the lap top, and a few of Malia's toys. Good times!
*Also interesting trying to cook out of a kitchen without anything. I finally broke down and bought a cheap frying pan and a cookie sheet. I didn't want to buy anything because I have a very well stocked kitchen (Thanks Pampered Chef!) coming out of storage soon. However, I can only take so much fast food!
*I finally got to see the OB today. I am measuring exactly 36 weeks and the baby sounds good. I had to take Malia with me since David is still gone and I haven't met anyone yet. Always fun trying to explain to a toddler why the doctor is looking at mommy's you-know-what!
*My next challenge is to meet someone soon that I can leave Malia with when this little one decides to join us. The Relief Society stopped by today, so that's good. Well, not the entire RS, just the second counselor. She seems real nice and said she could help out. Yippee!
*I am still adjusting to the higher altitude. I can't breathe and I'm constantly dizzy. Probably complicated by the fact that this little one is taking all the oxygen I am managing to get in! Hopefully it'll pass soon.
*Malia thoroughly enjoys having our own house. I can't wait to get our stuff here. Although I am sure I will be quite overwhelmed when it comes time to unpack!
*I had no idea it would be so windy! As annoying as the wind can be at times, it is more irksome that it blows peoples trash all over! Today when I checked the mail, the wind whipped a handful of ads out of my hand! Quite the site to see- a very pregnant woman waddling and a toddler chasing the ads. I refuse to add to the trash!
So that's that. It seems Colorado Springs, aka "The Springs", will be a nice enough place to live. Just need a little time to adjust. I miss our families though. This is our first time not living by ANY family. Although Mom and Britt should be out as soon as the baby is born and David's family says they'll visit too. I hope so! Anyone else??? COME VISIT ME!!!
10 comments:
When is david supposed to be back?? Sounds crazy!
You must be waiting for the military to deliver your household goods. Sigh. I'm glad you made it safe and sound even if you're going a little stir crazy. You should be rewarded for making a move when you're thoroughly pregnant. Wish I were there to help. Living away from family has been hard for me too. Hang in there.
What was the doctor looking at Amanda? TeeHee!!
Hi Girlie!
My Dad was stationed here also! Before he was married. I hope CO is good for your asthma- I can
never get used to the altitude. Talk to ya soon.
Hey Amanda, looks like you're in for quite an adventure! ;) I actually have a cousin in Colorado Springs, I wonder where she is in relation to you? If you want her name and number, send me an email, and I'll see if I can round it up. All of the other people I know in Colorado are in Denver/Aurora, but if you want any of their contact names/numbers just let me know. Go check out "the Garden of the Gods" it's free, and has a very mom and tot friendly path. But you've probably already done that.
Hope you're doing great!
Kathleen
Wow Amanda, it sounds like things are going well. Good luck in the next few weeks, getting settled and having a baby!
I found you through Amanda King's blog. It is so good to see how you are doing. I wish you the best with the move, the baby, etc.
You are so brave!
Wow how hard trying to survive and enjoy it with everything in storage. Do you like your new OB? That has got to be hard, but I guess you have had a few during this pregnancy. Well I hope that you can feel settled before the new one comes. I can't wait to find out what you are having! Good luck.
Sounds like your doing a great job rising up to the adventures that have come your way. It must be tough. But were excited for you.
Post a Comment