Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween Day at Mom Mom's

We spent Halloween at my mom's...aka "Mom Mom" or Grandma's. All of my aunt Deanne's kids call my mom "Mom Mom", so Malia has started to also. Otherwise it's "gwanma". My mom does a great job with Halloween festivities and really gets into it. She started by making breakfast (pancakes and bacon) and pumpkin decorating. She invited all the Hayes kids over as well. Nora came too, but Nathan was sick :(
Here is evidence of Malia's pumpkin decorating skills...
A close up of the masterpiece...


The Hayes kids went home after breakfast and that left the two girls and Grandma. They were her little helpers in decorating pretzel rods and baking cookies.

Here is Nora throwing some gang signs...

Later on everyone came back for dinner. Mom made some yummy chili and chicken noodle soup. Then off to trick or treat...

Super cute Cassie and Nora...

Malia inspecting her loot...

Abram chilled back home with Uncle Eric and Aunt Deanne...

It was a great night. To top it off we skyped with David for long time throughout the night. It was like he was there! Malia showed off her costume and candy. Although I'm pretty sure David was wishing he could partake in the goodies too. It was sad that Nathan had to miss the festivities. Turns out he had the flu and now its been working its way through the family this whole week. No fun!

2 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

So I'm guessing Nathan is in quarantine now. Flu is so nasty this year. I've been thinking a lot about you guys and wanting to do somthing for David. I'll shoot you an email. I am very impressed with Malia's painting skills. Both of my girls ended up making something very Jackson Pollock-like. Also, it seems to me that Abram looks a lot like you.

Frisbies Forever said...

So sad Nathan! Looks like a BLAST!