Sunday, December 9, 2007

15 Favorite Things....

I was tagged by Traci to list 15 of my favorite things. I just gave a talk in sacrament about gratitude and have been spending the last few weeks thinking about all that I have been blessed with. So I will give you 15 things that are my "favorite" and at the same time am so very grateful for.... (1) I would have to say one of my most favorite things is the amazing man I am married to. DAVID is an incredible man. For those of you who don't know, David was baptized a little over three years ago. He is constantly an example to me. His testimony grows stronger and stronger each day. He recently received his patriarchal blessing and has had his interviews to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. He loves to share his testimony with others and leads our family with love. I am also grateful that he is a great husband. He treats me with love and respect and makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. Not to mention he is incredibly romantic. He brought me these roses on Wednesday! (2) Another of my favorite things is MALIA. She is hilarious. She is 16 months today and this age is FANTASTIC! She has such an amusing personality and is a very happy little girl! (3) Another favorite is LEWISTON, Utah- the town that we live in. I love it because it reminds me of Farley back in Iowa. I love the small town feel. We are only two miles from the Utah- Idaho border, and 17 miles north of Logan. Logan is a good sized town with all the majory stores (except Target- grrr!) Yet we have many accomadations in our own lovely town- a library, grocery store, and even a discount theater! The people are all very friendly and we love being a part of the community. (4) Another of my favorite things is FAMILY. Especially during this season, I realize how blessed I am with a great family (both mine and David's). I miss everyone in Iowa tons and can't wait to have them visit. We have the opportunity to spend Christmas with David's family in Arizona. Malia can't wait to play with her primos! I am grateful for the family that we live near also. It is good to have my brother and his family right in Logan. My aunt/friend Dianne and her family just live 2 hours away in Idaho Falls, Idaho. We went and visited them yesterday. Good times! (5) Another of my favorite things is CHRISTMAS MUSIC. I started early this year in my listening, soon after Halloween. I just love it! I enjoy Hilary Weeks "Christmastime" and am a sucker for the old crooners, especially Bing Crosby. Nobody can sing it like old blue eyes! (6) Another favorite is SNOW. I know lots of people hate it because it is so messy, cold, and wet. However, I think it is beautiful! I don't necessarily enjoy playing in it, but enjoy looking at it. I am excited for Malia to try it out. (7) One of my favorite things is SCRABBLE. It is by far my favorite board game. When we lived in Iowa, I would get together with the Hayes Family and play. I have yet to find someone here that shares my affinity for the game. In the mean time, I occasionally play a game on the computer. Is that sad? I hope not. (8) BLOGGING has also become one of my favorite things. I love that I can keep up with friends and family. Sometimes this girl gets a bit lonely here in Lewiston and blogging helps me remember that I have a lot of great friends and family out there. (9) Another favorite is our CHRISTMAS TREE. David and I invested into a great fake tree when we first got married. It was a tight fit in our old apartment, but fits better in the house. The bottom 1/3 is sparsely decorated to keep the ever curious Malia from being tempted! (10) Another one of my favorite things is my CAMERA. My dad's girlfriend, Sharon, is a great photographer. When Malia was born she was upgrading her camera and passed her old one on to me. I am in no way worthy of such a fine piece of equiptment but am doing my best to figure out all of its great features! (11) Another favorite is Playtex Insulator Sports STRAW CUPS. Brittney used them with Nathan and got me hooked. I have other sippy cups but these are by far my favorite. Malia pulls the lids off of the other one's with her teeth! (12) Another one of my favorite things is my mom's restaurant, . I sure do miss stopping in for lunch. I love their homemade soups and cheesecake. Not to mention her famous hand decorated Christmas cookies! Noboby makes them as good as mom! (13) Another favorite is CHRISTMAS MOVIES. I must admit I have watched "Elf" several times already. I am currently watching "It's A Wonderful Life". Quite possibly one of the best movies EVER! (14) A favorite snack... WHEAT THINS TOASTED CHIPS, Veggie Flavor.. So yummy. Not as bad for you as chips and just as tasty! (15) A final favorite is CARMEX. I admit I am addicted to Carmex. To add to the fun they just came out with Cherry flavored. I don't like the stick, only the tube. YUMMY! Well, there you have it. These are a few of my favorite things..... Now I tag Brittney and Dianne!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I LOVE IT! You totally crack me up with carmex making you top 15, you should do endorsements and make some $$$$. Ha Ha

Traci Elizabeth said...

I am glad you shared that info about David....just from his picture I was kind of scared of him!!! =)....thanks for sharing!!