The girl has plenty of toys, not to mention some more on the way! Yet what does she play with? Shoes! I try to keep Malia entertained with the myriad of educational toys we have. Nonetheless it is the fascination of the stinky sneaker that draws her in. She does love her shoes. She is constantly bringing me her tennis shoes to put them on her. Even over footed pajamas! She says "shoo" and we have even gotten her to say "zapato" a few times! Her tennies are a size four and her foot isn't quite big enough yet. However, the threes were too small. We are in that right between stage. I am actually quite proud of her that she has moved up. Her feet are TINY! Obviously NOT a trait she inherited from me! I also made the mistake of getting tennis shoes with laces. We spend a lot of time trying to keep them tied. All the other tennis shoes were velcro, yet were too crazy. Lots of camo and Dora. I am a big fan of plain shoes that go better with more outfits. So there you have it. My dissertation on Toddler's Tennies!
3 comments:
Little kids are soooo funny. Its amazing what will grab their attention and keep them busy. By the way.. she has the prettiest eye lashes!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! She cracks me up! I think we could all save a lot of money at Christmas time if we could just wrap up a bunch of old tennis shoes. Hours of good, not so clean?, fun!
Amanda,
It's so fun to see what your up to. I've been wondering all these years. . . . Andy and I always think of you when we pull out the scrabble game (other times, too, but especially then). You have a beautiful family. It looks like Melia has the shoe obsession gene, Rylan was obsessed with shoes when he was about 10 months old and starting to walk. I went and bought him some new shoes thinking he would LOVE them. When we put them on him, though, he stood there and cried and cried and refused to walk anywhere. When we took them off, he went and got Andy's shoes and happily wore them all over the house, nearly falling everywhere he went. He just liked playing with and wearing the ones that were too big.
Post a Comment