Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

Last Thursday, Malia and I went to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. We went with some of the ladies in the ward and their kids (the kids had school off). We had lots of fun! It was a bit chilly, but not too bad. It was nice because there weren't very many people there. With most every exhibit, we were the only one's looking. When we rode the train, we had the whole train to ourselves. Also, the animals were pretty active. Only, we didn't get to see the gorilla. Turns out she was having a hysterectomy! It was a great day and Malia loved seeing all of the animals.


Some of our favorite animals. The leopard kept pacing in front of the glass. Malia loved the elephants and kept making her elephant noise. The baby giraffe was beautiful! The red panda didn't stay out very long but we appreciated him making a showing. I'll spare you the picture of the snake swallowing a baby bunny whole!


Malia refused to wear her coat so I tried to keep her warm by covering her extremities. A girl can never wear too many stripes! We tried the monkey backpack/leash but she freaked out and got herself all tangled up in the string. She wore just the backpack for awhile.



The only gorilla we got to see! All the younger kids were confined to their strollers at this time.



Kade and Malia checking out the big marble globe fountain at the entrance of the zoo. At first Malia was scared of it. By the time we left her sleeves were soaked!



Malia and I on the train.



The rest of the group on the train. Fun, fun, fun!



All the kids! Note Malia fleeing the scene. Stinker!


5 comments:

Dianne said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait until our zoo reopens this spring. It's not big and nice like Hoogle, but still a good place to take the little ones.

Day Family Blog said...

Fun. I don't think I could have handled the cold though, except it was nicer weather there than it has been up here.

Traci Elizabeth said...

I love the Hogle zoo...too bad Malia doesnt like her leash, its a heaven sent for us!!! By the way--whats the name of the woman on the train with the blond hair?? She looks familiar.

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

looks like fun! wish I could have been there. And I will call you soon- once I find time to myself when i can think...

Piepee said...

Wow it looks awesome! I can't wait to go back to the Zoo in Omaha.

Malia is getting so big and beautiful.