So the fam got here last Saturday around 2. I was expecting them to arrive around 4. And of course, I being the slacker/procrastinator/busy person that I am left all of my housework until Saturday morning! Not all of it got done, but oh well! The travel weary Britt had one request... Carne Asada. David was more than happy to oblige. He also made Mexican rice and beans. I made some pico de gallo and we feasted! We also celebrated the kids' birthdays that night. Since the grandparents were in town they brought the grandkids' presents so they wouldn't have to ship them. Caleb's birthday is in a couple days and Nathan, Nora, and Malia's birthdays are at the end of the summer. Yummy food and family... who could ask for anything more?
So much for a clean house! It's amazing the damage that can be brought on by so many little ones! In the background you can see a big box... that's the John Deere wagon that Malia got from Grandpa and Grandma. Malia LOVES it! David takes her for walks in it often. You can also see the rocking chair that my Dad and Sharon got Mali a while back, but we had no way to get it out here, until now! She loves it and it's the perfect size for her.
Lori hugging Caleb and Bart chomping on carne.
The Iowans were tired from their travels so we didn't stay up too late that night. Mom and Chris stayed at the Caleys and Britt and her kids stayed with us. While we were getting dinner ready the kids played in the backyard on the swing and slide. The highlight was when Malia and Nathan ran upstairs and successfully locked themselves INSIDE our bedroom. It was just the beginning of the trouble that those two would find together! It was so good to see them play together again, like they were never apart!
3 comments:
This is so fun. Notice in the baby picture that Rachel is eating a plastic hanger. I'm an awesome parent. Also, I vote that Britt needs to move here or visit more often. We could enjoy lots of sarcasm together.
i want your recipe for carne asada. i've tried it a couple of times, but its never s good as beto's or diego's or molca salsa's.
Oh yes i forgot that they locked themselves up. Good times. I am working on the move friends. Time, Money.
Post a Comment