Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sweet Homecoming!



Yipee!! David got to come home for two weeks at Christmas. This was at the airport in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Malia was super excited to see her papa. She was a bit shy at first and then remembered that her papa was her best advocate for getting her what she wants! I just bawled when I saw him. I would love to blame it entirely on the pregnancy hormones, but I just missed my man! It was so good to have him home. It surprised me how great people were to a man in uniform. Random strangers would just come up to him and thank him for his service. One man even bought our meal! It reaffirmed my faith in the American people and made me extremely proud to have my husband serving. It was so good to have him home.

1 comment:

Day Family Blog said...

I am sure that it was the sweetest of reunions. I am glad that you got to be with David for 2 weeks. How long will he be gone this time, I guess if I read on I might find out :)