
Malia loves salsa! One could explain it with her Mexican descent, yet David hates hot food! I am the spicy food lover in the family. I always joke with David that I am more Mexican than he is. I am glad that Malia likes spicy foods. David will just have to adapt to his "Spice Girls"! This was the first time we had tried this Mexican restaurant in Logan. It was pretty good. David ordered the shrimp cocktail and said it was some of the best he had ever had. Lots of shrimp! Mexican shrimp cocktail is very different than my idea of shrimp cocktail. It is served in a tall glass and has cilantro, shrimp, onions, and chunks of avacado all in a vegetable juice. There are many variations mind you. David liked this one because there was more shrimp than veggies. My chicken faijitas were okay. The place is called La Carreta (it's next to T-Mobile, off of Main). There is this other place called La Familia behind the mall that we also like. It has a Mexican store also where we can get our tortillas, chiles, and other Mexican products. I love Mexican food. I tell David that's why I married him, for the food. I am excited to go visit his family. His mom makes AMAZING food. Pazole (a pork soup) is David's favorite. David and I tried to make it on our own. We did pretty good but no one can match a mom's recipe!
1 comment:
i love pazole. i would love your recipe. i make a version of it i learned from a fellow cook at a restaurant in tucson. i can't say mine is authentic(the original recipe was, but since it was just in my head the alterations may not be), but we like it. but give me your recipe, please.
Post a Comment