Tuesday, May 13, 2008

DAY THREE: Idaho Falls

On Monday of the "Iowa Visitors Week", we went up to Idaho Falls to visit my friend/aunt, Dianne and her family. They just bought this house last fall and have a huge yard for the kids to play in. We grilled out on the back deck and basked in the beautiful sunshine. In the afternoon the Moms and the kids chilled out at the house while the grandparents and Israel went shooting. After that we went to the falls on the Snake River to feed the geese. A definite highlight. Then in the evening we went to Dianne's Choralairs (no clue on the spelling) Concert. It's a local community women's choir. They were holding a free patriotic concert. Britt and I only got to hear a couple songs because of our unruly kids. Britt and I found a boardroom upstairs, locked the kids in with us, and played hangman on the whiteboard. Good times!




Here are Mali and Maggie checking out the dog in the neighbor's yard through the fence.

Nora looking cute in the sunhat.


My cute Britt with her piggy tales, the day before the big chop off.

Nathan- such a cool dude!


All grins Nora!

Playing with the geese- note Nathan's cool (and very necessary) monkey pack/restraint, Maggie (Dianne's oldest) on either side in the middle, my mom helping Malia in the bottom left and middle, and in the bottom right, Chris- aka Super Grandpa- holding Nora.

Israel and Dianne after the concert. Isn't she beautiful??


The first video is super short and just shows what an adorable kid Nora is. She is a very happy and fun baby... I miss her already!! The next video shows the kids feeding the geese at the falls. Note Malia is in no way scared of the geese, or the water ("agua") for that matter. My favorite is when she tells the goose off at the end. Stay tuned with more exciting details of the "Iowa Visitors Week"......

2 comments:

The Hanselmann Family said...

Super cute Amanda! Oh the memories. This was a really great post, I like when you do a whole bunch at once so I only have to comment once. Otherwise I feel like I have to comment on every post. You are doing a great job.

Soccer Angel said...

I love you guys and Malia is getting very big! I love the video.LOVE YOU CHRISTINA!